Friday, May 7, 2010

Clean up has started

We started the major task of trying to clean up. At times I felt like I was walking in circles looking at everything. We had a big group sent out through Goodpasture. Goodpasture formed teams to go out and help any alumni that had been flooded. They were amazing. There were a few adults and lots of teens. I wasn't expecting many people to show because it was a Friday. We definitely got more done than I thought we would. However, I realized how much work this is going to take.

So many people have helped us out in this time. Rachel, a friend of Casey (my brother), made us dinner last night and brought over lots of goodies. Jay, Scotty, and Jimmy helped my mom get the horses back to the property. Ricky Rollins has donated the use of a storage unit while mom rebuilds. Steve Collins came by and did a ton of handy work. Also my dad, Troy Weaver and Associates, came with one of his employees and worked all day. He was a major help in delegating what needed to be done. I desperately needed someone to take charge. It was a huge blessing to have all of the help today.

One funny thing but irritating at the same time was when we leave it takes us an hour or so to actually be going down the drive. We seem to find something to do. Mom and I were in the car taking our boots off and I received a call from my dad that it was suppose to rain. I told mom put your shoes on we aren't done. We did so much today to clean dishes, pack things up, and salvage what wasn't water damaged. We kicked butt and moved those things back in the house. I couldn't imagine if we had left everything outside that didn't get water on it and then it rains. I am glad we got that phone call.

Thank you again for all of your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment