Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Mom!!

I definitely have the greatest mom in the world. She has done so great considering the circumstances. Of course I have always known she is a strong woman. I hate that on Mother's day we are helping her go through everything she owns to see what we can keep. We were not able to find the movie film and I wasn't able to buy my mom a brand new home for mother's day. So, I settled with buying a card and doing manual labor instead. I guess that will due. LOL.

We had a great group show up to help today. Sally flew in from DFW to help and it was a huge blessing. She went through a lot of the stuff that was damanged looking for the film, writing down everything destroyed, and putting everything in trash bags. Steve Collins came out again today and was all over the place getting things done. My Uncle Casey has worked so hard doing everything imaginable. He is taking care of his little sis. Some of my cousins came down to help. They jumped right in and helped out. I had some of my switch chicks from the youth group I work with at church show up with their parents. Those girls can clean the cumberland river off of anything. Beth and her dad, Tim, even buried the dead beaver that apparently couldn't build a dam. That damn beaver!!

Mom got up in the attic and started handing us things to load in the trailer. She ended up handing us a box that the bottom fell out. So the christmas tree decoration survived the flood but didn't survive mom. I had her get down and step aside. I would take over and hand stuff down. I didn't even make it up the ladder and dropped the light and broke it. Finally, Jay was able to bring everything down safely.

Lunch was provided again by the South Carolina Red Cross Disaster Relief Team. They had beef strogenof. Since I am a vegetarian my Aunt Jackie and cousin Kelsey saved the day and brought me a veggie sandwich when they heard what was served.

This evening we noticed Cole's cut on his jaw is swollen. Hopefully it will be down tomorrow. Caleb goes back to school tomorrow to get ready for exams. Eleven more days until he graduates. We still haven't got invitations out for him and the Grand Ole Opry is flooded so it will change locations anyway. I go back to school tomorrow too. I teach and do not know what went on in my classroom for the past week. Praise God I work with awesome people and they took care of everything while I was out. I look forward to the rest from the manual labor while at work but will be back out there by 2:30. However, it will not be a mental rest since I teach middle school.

We got a dumpster today so the gutting process will start up soon. Keep praying! It is working because I think we are still sane!

No comments:

Post a Comment