Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Going to start removing the sub flooring on Saturday

We had a group from Recovery Community come to the house again today. Ralph Carrano that works with mom flew in from DFW for the day to work. Also my dad went over to help. Since I was at work I am not sure who did what, but the list of things to do was complete! They raked the hay in piles and burned them. Someone walked the fences and fixed the fallen posts. There was small pieces of dry wall above the windows and someone took care of it. The tile in the master bathroom was removed. Also, my dad removed a portion of the sub flooring. When I arrived Mom, Ralph, and I pampered the horses. Ralph gave them feed. I talked sweet and stayed beside them so they wouldn't move. Mom had the job of putting ointment on their wounds. Two of the horses have wounds on one of their back legs. They are getting easier to deal with in applying the medication.

This Saturday we are going to finish removing the sub flooring. Anyone that would like to help is always welcome. We have a limited amount of tools, so you might need to bring your own. However, I am not the person to ask which tools those are. We could also use people to help take the wood to the piles as they are removed, and broken glass picked up in the yard.

I haven't caught the full story on the news, but I saw something last night about investigating the flooding caused by the damns being released. Apparently some of the waterways were low and the Corp of Engineers let an area get as high as it could before releasing it. They are saying it should have been released a lot sooner. If they had it would have kept the water ways level and could have prevented the flooding of homes that were flooded due to the damn release. That would include my moms home.

No comments:

Post a Comment